OOTD: off to the races.

7:47:00 AM








Dress Sighle Illston/ Jacket French Connection/ Bag Chanel/ Headband Diva/ Lips Hazard by Topshop.

This OOTD is a little different to the usual. Tuesday was NZ Cup Day, which for some means horse racing, others an excuse to get drunk, and for the likes of me stepping out in your best dress. I designed and made this dress a few years back as part of my 2nd year collection at fashion school, but apart from being on the catwalk this is it's first outing. As the dress really is the statement of the outfit I kept the rest of the ensemble rather simple with a cropped black jacket, fascinator-style headband, coordinated satin shoes and my beloved Chanel bag. Last year I didn't make it to the races but said to myself that 2012 would be the year I entered the best competition wearing my own design. This is something I kept to and happily, I made it to the final. It may be a little self indulgent to say, but I'm still in love with my dress and can't wait until I have another occasion to wear it x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. this look is so amazing. the dress is beautiful, the colour is so pretty also your jacket is flawless. amazing outfit.
    have a nice day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. So true, it's probably my most treasured possession x

      Delete